Homeless Link Alberta was created as a response to the growing homeless population in Spruce Grove, Alberta and the surrounding areas of Stony Plain and Parkland County. At the time, there was no comprehensive strategy to help deal with this emerging problem. So, a group of community minded citizens came together to develop a non-profit organization that could help link people in need to both government support and non-government support agencies as well as private citizens wanting to help out.
Spruce Grove has always had a vibrant community of people who are willing to offer assistance to those in need at the drop of a hat. Now, we want to bring all of these diverse groups together to offer a unified approach to assisting those in our community who find themselves homeless or those that are risk of becoming homeless.
Types of support we can offer:
- Linking homeless to Provincial/Municipal services
- Intervention strategies to help those who are at risk of becoming homeless
- Connecting individuals with kind people who can deliver hot meals
- Providing those in need with essentials such as toiletries, clothing, blankets, ect.
- Linking those in need with transportation to appointments/government services
- Linking individuals in need/or at risk with other community non-profits/services